Link Crawl Budget Management
You can plan your future use of Link Crawl Budget in the Link Crawl Budget management dashboard. There you define which of your projects are recrawled and at which frequency.
Link Crawl Budget Overview
By clicking on the
- Link Crawl Budget donut - which gives you a quick glimpse of how much Link Crawl Budget you have left, you can pull up a popup that will
- show you in detail with numbers how much Link Crawl Budget is left in your service period and how much you already used.
- clicking on "Link Crawl Budget Management" takes you to the detailed Link Crawl Budget Planning screen explained as follows while
- clicking on "Increase Link Crawl Budget" takes you to a page where you can change your subscription or buy add-ons with additional Link Crawl Budget.
Link Crawl Budget Planning
In the Link Crawl Budget planning screen you can review your current usage and modify your configuration on how to utilize the resources your LRT account has in the current service period.
It is important to know about the "credit spread" feature. It gives you all your Link Crawl Budget and credits upfront in longer billing periods. So picking annual over monthly can help you do a large initial crawl and then switch back to monthly basic crawls.
In the Link Crawl Budget planning screen you
- see your current plan and total Link Crawl Budget available
- get a warning if your Link Crawl Budget exceeded. In this case not all of your projects will be recrawled and the link data freshness will drop quickly.
- see how much Link Crawl Budget you already used in the current service period
- see how much Link Crawl Budget you planned to be used in the current service period for all your projects in the system (as listed below)
- see how much Link Crawl Budget is still available in the current service period
- can increase your Link Crawl Budget by clicking on "Increase Link Crawl Budget" that takes you to a page where you can change your subscription or buy add-ons with additional Link Crawl Budget.
- see and sort all the domains setup in your projects
- review the current Backlink Profile Coverage for each of the domains. Note that we always recommend a 100% Backlink Profile Coverage, as e.g. 18% as shown is more or less guessing around
- understand the total usage of the domain from the planned Link Crawl Budget
- review and switch the crawling mode between Basic Crawling and Complete Crawling
- review and switch the crawling frequency between weekly, monthly or yearly or pause the crawling. When pausing the domain, no additional Link Crawl Budget will be used in the future then. But then the data freshness will drop quickly and the longer you wait, the more inaccurate the results will be.
- review the number of links known for the domain to understand the size and crawling required. This number should also help you put the Link Crawl Budget cost and Backlink Profile Coverage in relation.
Created by • Last edit by on Jan 26, 2020